LITHERLAND TOWN HALL and LATHOM HALL

THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER USED. YOU CANNOT POST IN IT.
WE HAVE RETAINED IT AS A PERMANENT ARCHIVE.
FOR OUR LATEST FORUM, PLEASE VISIT
http://www.liverpoolbeat.com/rocknroll/forums/

LITHERLAND TOWN HALL and LATHOM HALL

Postby Bassman » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:45 am

Hi Guys and gals. Is there anyone out there who has pictures of any bands playing on Litherland Town Hall and Lathom Hall from the early 60tys? I am writing a feature artical for Liverpool Beat and am very short of pics from this era. I do have pics of my first band, the Blackhawks, playing on Litherland Town Hall but none on Lathom although I do have a poster from 1959 when we played there. Sadly LTH is no longer a dance hall but Lathom is still rockin! it goes from strength to strenght and it now has a new sensation! The Lathom Girls!!-- Six Sixties Super Rock Chicks! They perform on a weekly basis and go down a bomb!!
I would be greatful for any pictures you have, and you will be credited for it but, sadly - no fee :lol: :lol:
Bassman

Bands or Music Affiliation: Started playing very young. First gig aged ten and a bit. First group The Blackhawks aged 13 then went pro with KIngsize Taylor and the Dominoes aged 17 onto Deke Rivers and the Big sound then Foggy Mountain Ramblers. Today I play with Chris Rimmer Band, Kapitain Dodds G Band ,The Dominoes and Jam with -- anyone who buys the beer!!!

Re: LITHERLAND TOWN HALL and LATHOM HALL

Postby 60s Rock chick » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:51 pm

Glad you enjoyed our rendition :D :)
We are back again next week for more - hope to see all our fans again :D ;) :) :lol: :lol:
60s Rock chick

Bands or Music Affiliation: Star Club (Hamburg), Married to Keith Dodd - (Lead Guitarist with Ricky Gleason & The TopSpots) http://www.rickyandthetopspots.co.uk/
and Keith played with many other bands - Bach & The Beathovens, The Principals, Swinging Bluejeans & a few more in-between.

Postby Arty » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:07 pm

I will search my merseybeat pics but i don't guarantee
Arty

Postby Bassman » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:56 pm

Shortly, Jamo from MerseyRats will be auctioning off the wood from the stage of Litherland Town hall ,the stage were the Beatles played, and me! :roll: The proceeds will go to Imagine at Alder Hey Childrens hospital, a very worthy cause so - if you buy some of this wood ,for a £100 donation, I will make it into a minature guitar for you with your name on it ,more money for the children, or if you like, a set of Drums!! :o :) even a fitted kitchen!!! :roll: :roll:
Bassman

Bands or Music Affiliation: Started playing very young. First gig aged ten and a bit. First group The Blackhawks aged 13 then went pro with KIngsize Taylor and the Dominoes aged 17 onto Deke Rivers and the Big sound then Foggy Mountain Ramblers. Today I play with Chris Rimmer Band, Kapitain Dodds G Band ,The Dominoes and Jam with -- anyone who buys the beer!!!

Postby 60s Rock chick » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:14 pm

Hi Bassman
I can't play the guitar or the drums & don't need a new kitchen (the old one will do) but I'll need a new shed for Keith (he's outgrown the dog house) :lol: - would there be enough wood from the Litherland Town Hall Stage to build one? :?: :lol:
60s Rock chick

Bands or Music Affiliation: Star Club (Hamburg), Married to Keith Dodd - (Lead Guitarist with Ricky Gleason & The TopSpots) http://www.rickyandthetopspots.co.uk/
and Keith played with many other bands - Bach & The Beathovens, The Principals, Swinging Bluejeans & a few more in-between.

Postby Bassman » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:36 pm

Sure no problem!!! :lol: I know Kieth is always in the dog house but a shed?? :o :o
Bassman

Return to The Fab Forum